Thursday, January 31, 2008

Logo Theft



In my friend Jeremy Straight's blog, he talks a little bit about idea theft in the EU.  There is some company called Gong Gong that is marketing a product that is basically SoBe.  After letting the coordinator know, the assignment was called off.  (pictures on his site)

I came across a bit of idea theft myself, well to be exact, logo theft.  I took this picture of a logo in a window (top), because it reminded me of the Westinghouse logo (bottom).   After getting home I looked up the Westinghouse logo, and sure enough it was almost exactly the same.  Flip it upside down, add some bells, take away the whistle, and you have it;  a professionally stolen logo.

I emailed them earlier about this issue (moderaterna.net) so hopefully they will get back to me on the issue.  If they don't contact me by the end of the business day Feb. 5th, I told them that I will be contacting Westinghouse personally.  

They are probably just thinking tourist...   But I am thinking lawsuit.

No comments: